Fitoverm saves plants from a complex of pests both on the site and at home. But the instructions for the use of Fitoverma for indoor plants have several important differences from the rules for processing garden crops.
In the article, I will tell you how to breed a preparation for home flowers in order to achieve the final destruction of harmful living creatures.
Description of the drug Fitoverm
The tool has a biological basis and is produced by the Russian company “Farmbiomed”. It is detrimental to many ticks and sucking or gnawing insects, that is, it is immediately an acaricide and an insecticide.
The drug is sold in vessels of different capacities:
- Ampoules of 2, 4, and 5 milliliters.
- Vials of 10, 30, 50, 100, 200, and 400 milliliters.
- 5-liter canisters.
For home floriculture, it is better to take the minimum packaging – 2 milliliters. After breeding, this amount is enough to process all indoor plants, even if there are a lot of them.
Fitoverm relieves crops of open and closed ground from many pests:
- gall mites;
The drug enters the market in the following forms:
- Fitoverm M is enriched with a special contact adhesive, which enhances the effect of processing.
- Fitoverm Forte has a more powerful effect.
- Fitoverm P is made in the form of a powder and is intended to combat nematodes.
The active substance of Fitoverm is avermectin C. It is a natural toxin produced by the radiant soil fungus Streptomyces avermitilis.
The poison enters the body of the parasites by the contact-intestinal route and, on average, paralysis occurs after 16 hours. Insects stop feeding and die of hunger for 2-3 days after spraying. Mass extermination of insects occurs on the 5-7th day.
Pros and cons of Fitoverma for indoor flowers
Fitoverm fell in love with home growers due to the combination of low toxicity and high efficiency.
But this is not all the advantages of the drug:
- помогает от широкого комплекса вредоносных насекомых;
- pests slowly get used to the poison;
- Fitoverm works well in a warm environment, which is easy to create at home;
- avermectin decomposes per day and does not penetrate the leaves and flowers of plants;
- the drug is relatively safe for animals and humans;
- It has an affordable price and lasting effect.
But this insectoacaricide also has its weaknesses:
- the final destruction of pests requires a minimum of 3 treatments;
- the solution easily rolls off the leaves, so sticky substances are added to it – soap, shampoo;
- if there are a lot of insects, they can manage to inflict irreparable damage on the plant until the remedy works (therefore, in case of mass attacks, I advise you to immediately use Aktar);
- Fitoverm poorly combined with chemical pesticides and drugs with an alkaline reaction;
- the drug has an unpleasant odor of moderate intensity.